Ofgem has been clear that suppliers are required to take ‘all reasonable Steps’ to rollout smart meters to all their domestic and small business customers by the end of 2020. As with the Profile Class 5-8 Advanced Meter rollout, this requirement is a licence obligation and as such, Ofgem will monitor and investigate where they believe a supplier may be in breach of the relevant licence obligations. Ofgem’s letter last October, highlighted some interesting key lessons to consider from the AMR rollout.
Ofgem’s enforcement action to date makes it plain that suppliers must not only take all reasonable steps, they must be able to provide evidence of those steps.
We understand that this is a challenging time for energy suppliers. We understand the needs of suppliers as well as the pressure that industry changes are putting on already stretched resources. Our electricity and gas industry experts have decades of direct operational experience working with energy suppliers of all sizes. Our experts can help you with:
- Understanding your obligations and Ofgem’s expectations
- Programme structure and governance
- Designing and reviewing consumer engagement plans
- Reviewing agent contracts and improving agent performance management
- Process and documentation improvement for your smart metering rollout
- External validation and assurance of all reasonable steps policies, practices and evidence
We are experts in the electricity and gas energy market arrangements and have a proven track record of enabling our clients throughout the UK to deliver their strategic goals. Our clients trust us to deliver and value our flexible, collaborative and benefits driven approach.