Do you have the optimal AMR and SMETS2 strategy for your non-domestic customers ahead of the AMR Exemption End Date? Are you on track to becoming a DCC User, ready to install SMETS2 meters?
The exemption allowing you to install AMR meters to your microbusinesses customers ends on 5th October 2018 – and non-domestic suppliers must be DCC Users by August 31st 2018.
The AMR Exemption End Date and your non-domestic obligations
Any AMR meters installed to micro-businesses after the 5th October will have to be replaced with a SMETS2 compliant meter by the end of 2020 (Micro-businesses consume less than 100,000 kWh p.a. of electricity and/or less than 293,000 kWh p.a. of gas).
Any AMRs installed for these customers prior to the 5th October need to be communicating effectively by this date, otherwise they too will need to be replaced with a SMETS2 compliant meter by the end of 2020. AMR or SMETS2 will continue as compliant options for larger customers beyond the 5th October.
Optimising your rollout strategy to meet these obligations
The rules around the AMR Exemption End Date provide an opportunity to meet your smart obligations for non-domestic customers with the most suitable and cost-effective rollout strategy; maximizing existing AMR assets and processes, mitigating the readiness of your SMETS2 installers and the availability of SMETS2 meters as well as meeting your customers current demand for either AMR or SMETS2.
Your obligation to becoming a DCC User
In addition, all non-domestic suppliers are mandated to be DCC Users by August 2018 – ready to gain, maintain or install a SMETS2 meter.
Our Smart Metering experts can provide operational and project management support in:
- Reviewing and optimising a cost-effective rollout strategy for both AMR & SMETS2
- Establishing a strategy for customer choice between AMR & SMETS2 for your larger consumers
- Becoming a DCC User & selecting and implementing a DCC Adapter
- Meeting the DCC User security and audit requirements of the SEC
- Selecting a MOP/MAM and MAP to install and maintain your SMETS2 meters with the best insights into the availability of devices and services
- Forecasting and ordering SMETS2 Comms Hubs and Meters
- Preparing your business operations for SMETS2 metering
We are experts in the Energy Market Arrangements and can help you overcome these smart metering challenges and deliver value to your business.