Energy suppliers have a strong vision and business strategy – to do things differently, provide excellent customer service, keep prices down, with high levels of automation and low cost to serve, and a novel USP to help stand out from the crowd.
But, operating in this complex industry can mean that energy suppliers often face challenges that they didn’t anticipate. Some of these scenarios may sound familiar:
- Your customer journey from sign up to first bill, that you thought would be seamless and automated, now needs an army of un-budgeted resource to operate and yet the hard-working teams are failing to keep pace with the exceptional process
- You’re unsure (and more worryingly unaware) about the industry changes ahead and whether you are ready for them or when you need to be ready – Smart Metering (SMETS 2 installation and SMETS1 DCC Adoption), Smart PAYG, Half Hourly Settlements, Retail Energy Code, Faster Switching
- You have focussed so hard on processing new customers to get the numbers in, that some of the data management has been de-prioritised and now you have settlement challenges
- You’re not sure that your management information is correct because it conflicts with other data and you have data mismatches between your core system and other industry data
- You have more customer contact than you expected and whilst you are managing to firefight, you don’t have the time or resources available to understand what is causing the excess customer contact
- Your billing performance at first bill is not meeting your own KPI’s due to missing meter technical data or agreed read information
- You’ve got contracts in place with your key agents, but you feel like you’ve missed something – MAP Churn agreements, PEMS contracts, Revenue Protection
- You have exceptions, or you think you have exceptions, but you don’t know which ones need to be worked urgently and which ones are just for information
- You diligently forecasted your expected costs and revenue only for the settlements gap to be larger than you can explain
- You have lots of un-supported sub databases because core systems don’t deliver in all areas
We are experts in the electricity and gas market arrangements and have decades of direct operational experience working with energy suppliers of all sizes and can provide practical help to assist with the challenges of delivering efficient and high-quality customer service operations. Our clients trust us to deliver and value our flexible, collaborative and benefits driven approach.
Contact us to find out more.