David supports our clients to prepare for delivery of Net Zero products and services, drawing from an extensive foundation in the rollout of smart meters. He also manages our AUGE service in gas settlements, overseeing the development of the methodology that shares the cost of unidentified gas between shippers. His key development interests include consumer-facing policy and energy digitisation.
- Policy, regulation and codes
- Smart metering
- Net Zero transition and low carbon technologies
- Gas settlements
David’s recent work includes:
- Supporting government in allocating critical Net Zero funding
- Developing smart EV charging policy through a trade association
- Advising energy retailers on regulatory reporting of smart meter rollout
As a regulatory expert, David worked in energy distribution and retail for 15 years before joining Engage. David draws on his education as a linguist to communicate ideas with precision and clarity.