Haz has regulatory and commercial experience, proven analytical capabilities and comprehensive knowledge of the business processes of the energy industry in a career spanning 22 years. Haz is an expert in the GB smart metering sector and has an excellent understanding of Government’s Smart Metering Implementation Programme and its importance to Government’s Net Zero ambitions.
- Smart Metering, Wider Industry Governance and Regulation
- Electricity Settlement Arrangements
- Business Process Review and Re-engineering
- Requirements Gathering and Specifications
- Revenue, Margin and Cost Assurance
Haz’s recent work includes:
- Supporting Energy UK on ensuring collective positions of its members, and engagement with BEIS, DCC and key stakeholders on SMIP matters, including BEIS policy relevant to SMIP and the Net Zero transition, DCC operational performance, Price Control, DCC Network Evolution programmes, wider policy and regulation matters.
- Representing Energy UK on BEIS’ SMIP Transitional Governance forums and leading on technical assurance matters.
Haz’s earlier work on SMIP included supporting BEIS on development of the technical specifications for SMETS2, providing quality assurance and supporting wider stakeholder engagement activities. Haz has held operational / delivery roles in electricity customer billing, registrations, industry exceptions / assurance, settlement which involved business process re-design, systems requirements gathering and specifications within E.ON for 10 years before joining Engage.