Mark provides subject matter expertise to the design of smart metering systems and business processes, developing the strategic directions and system architecture for key aspects, taking the required decisions through governance with key stakeholders.
- Smart metering systems subject matter expert.
- Communications technologies.
- International energy prepayment systems.
- Product management.
Mark’s recent work has included:
Mark has been working with ESB since 2017 on the Irish Smart Metering Implementation Programme, supporting EY as a subject matter expert. Recent work includes:
- High level design of business processes relating to the integration of new meter types and communication technologies.
- Leading out on architectural changes and design decisions.
- Prior to that, Mark worked with BEIS on the UK smart metering design, contributing to the GBCS and also evaluating and trialling alternate Home Area Network (HAN) technologies.
Before entering into consultancy with Engage Consulting, Mark spent over 15 years at Itron. This included project management of the development of new prepayment systems to enable the UK energy retailers to adapt to the new deregulated market; Programme Managing the development of power-line carrier meter communication systems, coordinating a system development team in Felixstowe and in the US (Atlanta), and a communication infrastructure development team in Milan; technical management of the roll-out of 100k smart meters together with a mesh radio communications infrastructure in Sweden (based in Stockholm); and as Segment Product Manager at Itron leading the product management of Itron’s International prepayment portfolio developed in UK and South Africa as well as leading the Smart Metering product management team to create the next generation of advanced smart meters and system for Itron.